Review: Blackhearts

Blackhearts Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was amazing!
A powerful historical fiction that mixes romance with piracy. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book and found myself thinking about it when I wasn't reading it. I immediately got the sequel when I finished because I have to know what happens next.

The author skillfully used her knowledge of the history of Blackbeard and the time period to construct a beautiful book about what might have happened to turn Blackbeard to a life of piracy.

Edward "Teach" Drummond has just spent a year at sea and is returning home to finalize his engagement. Anne, a beautiful servant in the Drummond household has a very secretive past that could change her life in every way. Teach and Anne have an unpleasant encounter at the docks. What will happen when Teach discovers she works for his father?

Thank you to rivitedlit for a copy of this book for a fair and honest review!

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box