Review: The Girl of All My Memes

The Girl of All My Memes The Girl of All My Memes by C.S. Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a coming of age book that truly takes you back to high school. I didn't quite know what to expect when I started this book. I found myself in a whirlwind of emotions and real situations that I could relate to on multiple levels. I hope to see this book in movie form one day!

This book deals with serious topics like being used, bullying, depression and anxiety, mental illness, not knowing who you are or what to do with your life, unreal expectations being placed on people at young ages. It also deals with fun stuff like first love, forgiveness, and pie. I've had a serious craving for cinnamon roll crust apple pineapple pie and I must try making it!

The story starts with Tommy in the sixth grade. He has real competition with his classmate Kara. They both want to be top of their class but for very different reasons. Tommy doesn't care about anything except being the best and not letting his parents down. With Tommy it seems like nothing is good enough for his parents because his older brother Johnathan was all they saw. Tommy is desperate to be the top of their class but Kara is standing in his way. Kara is his enemy, Tommy is sure of that. What he's not sure of is how he couldn't stop from ruining her life.


ARC given by the author for a fair and honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box