Review: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts I and II

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts I and II Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts I and II by John Tiffany
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fantastic continuation of Harry Potter! The book starts out with the scene at the very end of the last movie and cascades into adventures in the past and present. You get to know Albus Severus Potter and discover a lot of his story at Hogwarts.

Ron, Hermoine & Harry go on another adventure as they are all trying to tackle parenthood with careers. It's funny seeing them as parents but still so much the same. This book is a quick read as compared to the other HP books. I think that is mainly due to the play format.

If this were any other series I may have given it three stars because I would have liked to seen Albus grow the same way we saw Harry grow, but instead I got insight into things I wanted to know and even had teary-eyed moments that I would not have had if not for this book. I think if you go into this book thinking of it more as a novella than a full novel you will have better expectations.

All together I did enjoy the book and I did feel transported back to the wizarding world. That is a success and I would recommend this book to any Harry Potter fans!

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box