Review: I, Eliza Hamilton

I, Eliza Hamilton I, Eliza Hamilton by Susan Holloway Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love historical fiction, especially in the early days of the USA. I enjoyed this novel very much and highly recommend it!

This is the story of Alexander Hamilton's wife Eliza. A fictional (but believable) story told from her point of view. The author wrote with much charm how Eliza meets and is captivated by a young Alexander Hamilton. They have a hurried wedding due to the time period, on the cusp of the American Revolution. Eliza is Alexander's best friend and due to her infectious personality- she quickly rises in stature and social standing. Something that will benefit her greatly. She outwardly gracefully handles the duties of being "The Lady of the House" but inside she is fighting to stay strong. She has many hats to wear though as the wife of Alexander Hamilton and not all are easy or will give her the credit she is due. This book shows just how vital women were for the birth of America and hers is just one story of many.

Free copy given by publisher and NetGalley for a fair & honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box