Review: I Will Find You: Solving Killer Cases from My Life Fighting Crime

I Will Find You: Solving Killer Cases from My Life Fighting Crime I Will Find You: Solving Killer Cases from My Life Fighting Crime by Joe Kenda
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's not often I start reading a biography and feel like I just can't put it down and when I do put it down it nags at me to pick it back up because it's so engrossing.
This novel is graphic in some parts because Joe Kenda gives you insight to the realities of being a homicide detective. It's not gonna be flowers and rainbows. It's real life grit and sometimes a struggle and in many places full of sarcasm and humor.
I have never met the man but after reading his book it's hard to say you don't feel like you do. He has a relentless gift for storytelling but unfortunately for him, his stories are all true. This book caries you through his life and career in the police department from meeting his wife to his rookie days all the way to his retirement and many adventures after. Yes one of those adventures is a television show called Homicide Hunter on Investigation Discovery channel. But this book is not about the television show it is about him. You can read this without having ever watched the show and enjoy it just as much as I did. I was honestly sad when the book was over. I also really enjoyed the parts where he let his wife and kids tell things from their perspective as well. I am hoping his wife Kathy will write a book too because I'd love to hear her nursing career stories. I'm sure they are also intense and would be fascinating based on her personality alone. This book is just as much about the Kenda family as it is Joe himself. If you are a fan of the tv show there are cases in the book that you won't see on the show. Thank you Joe for sharing private and tough parts of your life and giving insight to future police officers.
This is a must read and I highly recommend it!

ARC supplied by NetGalley and the publisher for a fair and honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box