Review: Ruin and Rising

Ruin and Rising Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

That was beautiful... RTC

Update:

Okay I'm having a difficult time putting my thoughts together for this review. I saw many people having the same issue and mixed reviews, which really do not surprise me. You either loved or hated this trilogy. It's not for me to judge what other people do or don't like.

I am in awe of this trilogy. When I finished Ruin and Rising I was an emotional wreck. I thought when I woke up today I would be okay but I can't quit thinking about how everything built up and turned out. I read some interviews about how Bardugo originally was going to take the series and I am so glad she wrote this ending.

The book keeps building off the previous two and an epic journey ensues. Alina experiences so much in this book it's hard to imagine her not locked away in her room for months without talking to anyone but she never gives up. The characters are so well thought out that I miss them already! This series tore at my heart and made me laugh while I was still crying.

I think this is the hardest series I have written spoiler free reviews for. I hope you will give this series an unbiased approach and decide for yourself if you love or hate it!

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box