Review: Scythe

Scythe Scythe by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was fantastically dark and gritty. I enjoyed so much of the book but there were some elements of the characters I felt could have been better explained and long periods of time went by as if it were only a day in the character development and maturity.

With that being said, the story and world building here was phenomenal! I got very attached to both Rowan and Citra early in the book and couldn't have guessed the outcome of this story if I had tried.

The story takes place on earth in a very distant future. We have overcome illness and death which leads to overcrowding. Scythes were elected to take up the duty of gleaning humans to even out the population. Rowan and Citra are both high school students minding their own business when they both separately cross paths with the same scythe. This with forever change their lives and their futures.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box