Review: Siege and Storm

Siege and Storm Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! So good! This is definitely one of those books where so much happens that writing a review seems like it just won't do it justice.

The world building is phenomenal. The physical book (not sure about digital since I read the hardback) included a beautiful map of the fantasy world Bardugo created but you really don't need it because her description throughout the books helps you understand immediately where places are and what kind of places they are.

I adored all of the characters, from the previous book and newly introduced. The personalities Leigh gives them are relatable even in a fantasy book. We all know people with these personalities from throughout our lives and the way she builds their personalities is beautiful even in a tragic way because of how genuine they are.

The dynamics and plot are so interesting that they keep you wanting to know more and never wanting to leave the story. Before I even started this review I picked up the next book and started reading because I HAD to! The build up to the ending was so overwhelming and weighs on you. It's so intriguing and the last few chapters were so unexpected my mouth was hanging open while I read them.

I tried to make this review spoiler free so there is a lot I haven't touched on but I'm hoping you will check it out for yourself and thank me later. I saw so many spoiler reviews that I am so glad I didn't read any reviews til after I finished reading it for myself. This series has a huge fandom and I highly recommend it for anyone who loves fantasy with a historical and steampunk feel to it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box