Review: Caraval

Caraval Caraval by Stephanie Garber
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Caraval is a magical, mystical, gorgeous novel. It's dripping with fantasy. I loved this book so much and reading it so soon after The Night Circus just enhanced the whimsical for me. The world building and environment of the Caraval was perfect! Sometimes Scarlett drove me nuts bc she repeated herself too much but it was my only complaint.

Scarlett has been writing to Master Legend of Caraval for years bc she wants to come to his Caraval so bad! She has an evil father who arranges a marriage for her and decides it will save her and her sister from him. She gets a letter from Legend inviting her to Caraval and tells her sister Tella to go instead bc she's getting married.

Julian, a mysterious sailor, comes and whisks Scarlett off to Caraval anyway and she finds her sister Tella is the star of Caraval. She has to participate now, to save her sister's life and hope Julian will help her. She must win!

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box