Review: The Chaos of Standing Still

The Chaos of Standing Still The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is about grief. Everyone grieves differently and Ryn is no exception. I felt I had a personal connection with Ryn and that made me love this book even more. Xander was adorable and I hope there will be a second book where they reunite. I laughed and straight up bawled my eyes out throughout this book.

Ryn is trying to mourn the death of her best friend Lottie, who was killed in a car accident while the drunk driver got away without injury. She hasn't been able to grieve and has prolonged her release by holding onto Lottie's last text message to her and leaving it unread. She gets stuck in a Denver airport due to a blizzard and chaos ensues.

Xander bumps into Ryn and they happen to have the same phone case and accidentally grab the wrong phones. Now they are connected and have to find each other to exchange phones. This begins a fun escapade through a shut down airport and the beginning of Ryn's worst nightmare (after Lottie's death). She meets so many people in the airport and starts opening up little by little.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box