Review: The Darkling Bride

The Darkling Bride The Darkling Bride by Laura Andersen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book took me by surprise! I was thinking it would be a comfortable historical fiction novel I would enjoy and it was so much more. The atmosphere is very Victorian Gothic. The story was non-stop in a good way. I couldn't get enough of this book! I need this physically on my bookshelf!

First of all everything is centered on a gorgeous 700 year old Irish castle. Then there's the legend of The Darkling Bride, a ghost who stirs up all kinds of trouble if the legends are true. Then there's the murder mysteries. They seem to line up every hundred years for the past three hundred years.
Carragh gets caught up in it all by agreeing to catalog the extensive book collection at the castle and meets the son of one of the murder victims. Now she's trying to figure out everything and trying not to fall in love with Aiden. Will justice be served or will murder and mayhem strike again?

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box