Review: Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Daughter of Smoke & Bone Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was beautifully written and very dark. The atmosphere is perfect and it was hard not to like all the characters Laini created. I'm glad the second book was available and I already checked it out from my library bc I am hooked!

Karou seems like any other high schooler. She like to hang out with her best friend Zuzana at a local eatery that has coffins for tables. Her hair naturally grows blue. She was raised by Chimaera and does favors for them in exchange for wishes. She draws the Chimaera in her notebooks and her friend thinks they are made up.

Akiva is a Seraphim and he is on a mission to mark the Chimaera's portals with a handprint of ash that won't go away. Everything's going great til he gets a glimpse of Karou and without meaning to, follows her around. When he sees her go for a portal door he attacks her but when she fends him off he realizes she may not be human. What is she? He is determined to find out.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box