Review: The Golem and the Jinni

The Golem and the Jinni The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This blend of historical fiction and fantasy was supremely amazing! I loved the backstory, mix of cultures, and how they learned to be human together. I would consider this an ultimate friendship novel. I really hope to read a sequel one day!

Chava is a Golem and Ahmed is a Jinni. They both get trapped in human bodies and find themselves colliding with each other in turn of the century New York. Neither of them knows what to make of their situations and they wind up helping each other become more human than they could have ever wanted or dreamed.

I've never read anything quite like this and I loved it!

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box