Review: I Was Anastasia

I Was Anastasia I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This cover is gorgeous but that isn't even what attracted me to this book. It was Anastasia. I first fell in love with Anastasia when I saw the animated movie about her. I love reading anything about Anastasia and this historical fiction wasn't just intriguing, it was impossible to put down! There is, of course, some brutality when you read about what happened to the Romanov family. If you've never read anything about Anastasia I would highly recommend this book and then deep dive into historical fact.

This book follows the life of Anastasia in chronological order all the way from political undermining to the brutal end to the Romanov royal family and Anastasia's disappearance. The in reverse chronological order it follows Anna Anderson, the girl who claimed to be Anastasia all the way to her death and the struggles she endured. When the stories meet it is amazing!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing this arc in exchange for a fair and honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box