Review: Manga Classics: Romeo and Juliet

Manga Classics: Romeo and Juliet Manga Classics: Romeo and Juliet by Crystal S. Chan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a brilliant adaptation of William Shakespeare's work of genius. The artwork is gorgeous and fits seamlessly in with Shakespeare's original text to form a breathtaking view of Romeo and Juliet. This has always been a favorite classic of mine and I adore the adaptations I have come across like the movie that stars Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCarprio. This manga enthralled me and fully captivated the essence of the original work. I highly recommend this version to anyone studying this literature in school for a better understanding or to anyone interested in Shakespeare.

This story is about two star crossed lovers. There is a long running feud between the wealthy families Montague and Capulet. What happens when the two young adult heirs of each family happen across each other and fall in love? They know their relationship could be doomed but what if their union could smooth over their families' hatred? This story is full of action, drama, romance and is never boring.

Thank you to NetGalley and Udon Publishing for giving me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box