Review: Risen

Risen Risen by Cole Gibsen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was unexpected. There are no slow moments. The author wrote this like a rollercoaster ride. I did feel like the book could have been a bit longer to help give more backstory and character development. I gave this four stars because the story had me hooked and I will definitely be reading the next book when it comes out.

Charlie is a seventeen year old living in seclusion with her aunt Rachel and her dog Jax. She feels stuck without social interaction and barely being able to leave their farmhouse. Her aunt makes oil scented soaps and sells them with the toxics they grow to keep them self sufficient. Everything changes one night when a subspecies of vampires called Mentis kidnap her aunt and a young Mentis named Sebastian is told to get rid of Charlie.

I was given a copy of this book by NetGalley and Entangled Teen for a fair and honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box