Review: Since You've Been Gone

Since You've Been Gone Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the penultimate book about friendship. It encompasses the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful. It covers so much ground and the relationships are very well thought out and written. I didn't mean to but I flew through this book loving every minute of it. I adored every character in this book and loved the way Emily's story unfolds. Most of us have experienced all these friendships and learned from them. They shape who you are in good and bad ways. Remember people telling you guilt by association? It can be honor by association too.

Emily lives in Connecticut and has just lost her best friend Sloane, and by lost I mean she has up and gone missing without telling Emily anything. This is the girl she has spent all her days with for the past two years. The girl she tells everything to and the girl who became a part of who she is. Emily is in a panic until she finds the envelope Sloane left for her. It's a list of things to do that Emily has never done or never had the courage to do. Emily wonders if by completing the list that she may find Sloane again. As she crosses things off the list she makes new friends and they become a part of her journey to complete it.

Update: 4/15/18- reread! This book is so good and I'm glad I got the chance to re-read it. My original rating stands.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box