Review: The Way We Fall

The Way We Fall The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is thrilling, terrifying and full of science and medicine with a survival theme for YA. I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this book when I started it because it's written like a journal. Kaelyn, our MC, is writing letters to her friend Leo. It actually works really well and didn't take away any anticipation or suspense. Th characters are all very well rounded and the cliffhanger ending is perfect.

Kaelyn gets stuck on the island where she lives when it gets put in lockdown. There's a flu like virus outbreak and it's spreading so quickly that it's not long before it's at an epidemic level. Kaelyn has to go outside her comfort zone to befriend people who may be able to help, as a team, figure out what's killing off their neighbors and find a cure. The fear is very real and when symptoms first start popping up it started subconsciously making me wash my hands constantly. My fiancé asked if I was okay and I said yeah I'm just reading this creepy book about a virus.
I will be reading the next book in this series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Megan Crewe for giving me a copy of this book for a fair and honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box