Review: Wonder Woman: Warbringer

Wonder Woman: Warbringer Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved every second of this story. When Leigh Bardugo sets out to write something she definitely doesn't do it halfway. I really enjoyed being able to talk to my comic fanatic fiancé about what was going on in the book and him comparing it fondly to the comics he read. For me, this story is uplifting and inspiring, never letting go and taking a special spot in my heart. This one is going on my shelf as a favorite and I hope one day I have a little girl to pass it down to. Follow your dreams and stay true to your heart.

The world building in this is perfect. Not too little and not too much. This book is perfect for anyone wanting to know more about Wonder Woman and enjoy another chapter in her life. I felt like the characters were very well written and the story was exciting with twists in Bardugo fashion. To say I want another one of these books about Wonder Woman by Leigh would be an understatement.

Diana is the daughter of an Amazon Queen. She lives on an island that no mortal can see, gifted by the gods. As a princess certain things are expected of her as one day she will rule in her mother's place. Diana feels something is missing though, that she hasn't earned her place with her sisters because all she has known is the island. During a day of games she is running a race to prove she is worthy when she sees a massive shipwreck right at the barrier of the island. She risks the race when she sees a girl who may still be alive. No mortal can step foot on the island because the gods deemed it so. When Diana brings the girl on the island everything starts to go wrong. Diana is presented with a hero's quest. One that will doom her forever to never see her home again or will earn her the rightful spot with her sisters she so desperately desires.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box