Review: Olympian Challenger

Olympian Challenger Olympian Challenger by Astrid Arditi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars
I saw the cover for this and immediately went to read the blurb. I was sold. Greek mythology, young adult, fantasy! All things I love so I dove in. I really enjoyed this book but I there are things I wish had more depth, like some of the other characters. Their backstories seem important but left to the imagination.

Hope takes care of her mom who suffers with failing health from dementia. Hope is slowly and agonizingly losing her mom. She gets and invitation to go to NYC and takes it. This seems a little off to me because anyone who has a family member with dementia knows you shouldn't leave them alone. The thing that entices her is if she goes and enters this competition she could win a wish.

She of course goes and is transported to Mount Olympus for the tournament. There are some familiar things with the completion and Hunger Games but I still enjoyed it anyway. The excitement of being a spectator to this competition through Hope is there.

Keirnan, one of the competitors, is the son of Hades and Persephone. He quickly becomes a love interest for Hope and of course he has the bad boy vibe. You can probably see where that is going because of Greek Mythology. I am glad this is a series because I would like to read more. Hopefully book two will explain more.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me a copy of this ebook in exchange for a fair and honest review.

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box

Review: Body Swap