Review: Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was beautifully written. No weak damsel in distress MC with Celaena Sardothien at the reins. Celaena is an assassin and one of the most notorious at that, but she was captured and sentenced to serve out her days in a salt mine prison camp. Until the day Prince Dorian and Captain of the Guard Chaol Westfall come to claim her as the prince's champion. If she becomes his champion she fights in a competition to become the king's champion and after fulfilling a four year contact, gains her freedom. Since her only other option is staying in the salt mines she accepts.

The competition is brilliant and Celaena makes several friends with her new fake identity as Lady Lillian, a jewel thief. Magic was banned long ago by Dorian's father but Celaena feels like it was wrong to do and wants nothing to do with this monsterous king who has killed thousands of innocent people. Her hope of freedom keeps her going though. I loved her character and how even with the prince she is herself and speaks her mind.

I feel like there is so much more to say about this book but I can't put my scrambled thought into words. For fans of fantasy I highly recommend!

View all my reviews

Comments

Most Popular Reviews

Review: Robin

Review: Body Swap

Review: Charlotte Holmes and the Locked Box